- USD/JPY erased gains above 50-DMA to close at 112.40 on Monday's trade.
- The pair failed to gain upside momentum after the bullish gap open.
- Price action capped below cloud top and 50-DMA, further upside only on decisive break above.
- Technical studies are biased higher, RSI points north and is gaining traction above 50 levels.
- Stochs are sharply higher and MACD is on verge of a bullish crossover on signal line.
- Break above 50-DMA finds next immediate resistance at 113.25 (61.8% Fib retrace of 114.737 to 110.843 fall).
- On the flipside, 5-DMA at 112.33 is immediate support, break below will see test of 200-DMA at 111.67.
Support levels - 112.45 (20-DMA), 112.33 (5-DMA), 111.90 (38.2% Fib of 107.318 to 114.737 rally), 111.67 (200-DMA)
Resistance levels - 112.98 (23.6% Fib of 107.318 to 114.737 rally), 113.25 (61.8% Fib retrace of 114.737 to 110.843 fall), 113.91 (Nov 14 high)
Recommendation: Good to go long no decisive break above 50-DMA, SL: 112.15, TP: 113/ 113.25/ 113.90
FxWirePro Currency Strength Index: FxWirePro's Hourly USD Spot Index was at 62.1489 (Neutral), while Hourly JPY Spot Index was at -20.2805 (Neutral) at 0800 GMT. For more details on FxWirePro's Currency Strength Index, visit http://www.fxwirepro.com/currencyindex.
FxWirePro launches Absolute Return Managed Program. For more details, visit http://www.fxwirepro.com/invest