- GBP/NZD pauses upside at 200W SMA at 1.9842, further upside likely on break above.
- The pair has shown a break of Symmetric Triangle pattern and has shown breakout of consolidation.
- Price action has edged above weekly cloud and has seen test of 200W SMA.
- Some consolidation seen at current levels and breakout above 200W SMA will see upside resume.
- We see Doji formation on weekly charts which raises need for caution. Technical indicators however do not show any signs of reversal.
- 5W SMA at 1.9381 is immediate support, close below could see weakness. Scope then for test of 50-DMA at 1.9024.
Recommendation: Watch out for break above 200W SMA for further upside.
FxWirePro Currency Strength Index: FxWirePro's Hourly GBP Spot Index was at 76.0449 (Neutral), while Hourly NZD Spot Index was at 25.4139 (Neutral) at 1000 GMT. For more details on FxWirePro's Currency Strength Index, visit http://www.fxwirepro.com/currencyindex.
FxWirePro launches Absolute Return Managed Program. For more details, visit http://www.fxwirepro.com/invest