Lots of economic data and events scheduled for today, and all with low to medium volatility risks associated.
Data released so far:
- Japan: Labor cash earnings up 2 percent y/y in November.
- Australia: Building permits down 9.1 percent in November, down 32.8 percent from a year ago.
- Germany: November trade balance report will be published at 7:00 GMT.
- Switzerland: December CPI inflation report will be released at 7:30 GMT. Forex reserve details will be announced at 8:00 GMT.
- France: December consumer confidence report will be released at 7:45 GMT.
- Eurozone: ECB is holding its non-monetary policy meeting today. Unemployment report will be published at 10:00 GMT.
- Italy: November unemployment report will be published at 9:00 GMT.
- United States: MBA mortgage applications report will be released at 12:00 GMT. FOMC member Bostic is set for a speech at 13:20 GMT, Evans at 14:00 GMT, and Rosengren at 16:30 GMT. EIA will release weekly crude oil inventory report at 15:30 GMT. FOMC will release minutes of the December meeting at 19:00 GMT.
- Canada: BoC will announce rate decision at 15:00 GMT, followed by a press conference at 15:15 GMT.
- United Kingdom: BoE’s Carney is set for a speech at 15:30 GMT.
- Auction: the U.S. will auction 10-year note at 18:00 GMT.