Lots of economic data and events scheduled for today, and all with low to medium volatility risks associated.
Data released so far:
- China: CPI inflation up 1.9 percent y/y in December, down from 2.2 percent in November. PPI inflation eased to 0.9 percent y/y in December.
- Japan: In December consumer confidence declined to 42.7 from 42.9 in November.
- France: November industrial output report will be released at 7:45 GMT.
- Italy: November retail sales report will be released at 9:00 GMT.
- United Kingdom: BoE will release credit conditions survey at 9:30 GMT.
- Eurozone: ECB will release minutes of the last meeting at 12:30 GMT.
- United States: Weekly jobless claims report at 13:30 GMT. EIA will release weekly natural gas inventory report at 15:30 GMT. Fed Chair Powell is set for a speech at 17:00 GMT, Bullard at 17:30 GMT, Evans at 18:00 GMT, and Clarida at 22:30 GMT.
- Auction: the U.S. will auction 30-year bond at 18:00 GMT.