Not many of economic data and events scheduled for today, but some with high volatility risks associated.
Data released so far:
- Australia: National Australia Bank's business confidence index rose to 4 in January from 3 in December and business condition rose to 7 in January from 2 in December. Home loans declined 6.1 percent in December.
- New Zealand: RBNZ inflation expectation came at 2 percent in Q1.
- Japan: Machine tools orders report will be released at 6:00 GMT.
- Switzerland: German Bundesbank President Weidmann set for a speech at 8:00 GMT.
- United States: NFIB business optimism index report will be released at 11:00 GMT. Fed chair Powell set for a speech at 17:45 GMT. The JOLTS jobs report will be published at 15:00 GMT.
- United Kingdom: BoE’s Carney set for a speech at 13:00 GMT.