In terms of volatility risks, this week is relatively light with the focus on Brexit and U.S. economic data,
What to watch for over the coming days:
- No major central bank events scheduled this week.
- China Housing report due on Tuesday, followed by retail sales, industrial production, and Q1 GDP report on Wednesday. GDP growth expected to slow down further to 6.3 percent.
- UK employment report to be released on Tuesday, inflation reports on Wednesday, and retail sales report on Thursday.
- Eurozone inflation numbers to be released on Wednesday.
- U.S. retail sales report due on Thursday.
- German flash PMI reports set to be released on Thursday.
- Japan inflation report due on Thursday.
- Canada will release the inflation report on Thursday.
- Indonesia will hold the parliamentary and presidential election on Wednesday.
- 2nd phase in India’s general election to begin on Thursday.
- Ukraine will hold a second round of Presidential election on Sunday.
- This week likely to see Theresa May’s Conservative Party engage with cross-Party talks to garner support for an agreement.