Sizable economic data and events scheduled for today, and some with high volatility risks associated.
Data released so far:
- China: CPI inflation rose to 2.5 percent y/y in April. PPI inflation up 0.9 percent y/y.
- Spain: March Industrial output report to be released at 7:00 GMT.
- United States: April PPI inflation report due at 12:30 GMT, along with with March trade balance, and weekly jobless claims report at 12:30 GMT. Fed’s Bostic is set for a speech at 13:45 GMT. EIA will release its weekly natural gas inventory report at 14:30 GMT.
- Canada: March trade balance report due at 12:30 GMT, along with new house price report.
- New Zealand: Electronic card sales report due at 22:45 GMT.
- Japan: Labor cash earnings and household spending report due at 23:30 GMT.
- Auction: The U.S. will auction 1-month bills at 15:30 GMT, and a 30-year bond at 17:00 GMT.