Lots of economic data and events scheduled for today, and some with high volatility risks associated.
Data released so far:
- Australia: Unemployment rate rose to 5.2 percent in April from 5.1 percent in March, as the participation rate rose by 0.1 percent to 65.8 percent. Employment rose by 28,400.
- China: House price index up 10.7 percent y/y in April.
- Italy: CPI inflation due at 8:00 GMT, followed by trade balance report 9:00 GMT.
- Germany: Bundesbank President Weidmann set for a speech at 8:15 GMT.
- Eurozone: March trade balance report due at 9:00 GMT.
- United States: Housing starts and building permits report to be released at 12:30 GMT, along with weekly jobless claims report, and Philadelphia Fed manufacturing survey report. EIA will release weekly natural gas inventory report at 14:30 GMT. Fed’s Brainard set for a speech at 16:15 GMT.
- Canada: Manufacturing shipments and ADP employment report will be released at 12:30 GMT. BoC governor Poloz set for a speech at 15:15 GMT.
- New Zealand: Q1 PPI inflation report due at 22:45 GMT.
- Auction: U.S. will auction 1-month bills at 15:30 GMT.