Lots of economic data and events scheduled for today, and some with high volatility risks associated.
Data and events so far:
- Australia: Westpac consumer confidence index down 4.1 percent in July.
- China: CPI inflation up 2.7 percent y/y in June. PPI inflation is unchanged.
- France: Industrial output report due at 6:45 GMT.
- Italy: Industrial output report due at 8:00 GMT.
- United Kingdom: Industrial and manufacturing production report due at 8:30 GMT, along with trade balance for the month of May. RICS house price report to be released at 23:00 GMT.
- United States: MBA mortgage applications report due at 11:00 GMT. Federal Reserve chair Powell’s testimony before Congress to begin at 14:00 GMT. EIA will release weekly crude oil inventory report at 14:30 GMT. FOMC will release minutes of the meeting at 18:00 GMT.
- Canada: Bank of Canada (BoC) will announce rate decision at 14:00 GMT, followed by a press conference at 14:15 GMT.
- New Zealand: Electronic card sales report due at 22:45 GMT.
- Japan: Domestic Corporate goods price report to get released at 23:50 GMT.
- Auction: U.S. will auction 10-year note at 17:00 GMT.