- AUD/JPY is extending downside for 5th successive session, intraday bias lower.
- The pair has paused downside at 23.6% Fib retracement of 81.486 to 90.304 rally at 88.22.
- Break below will see extension of downside. Scope then for test of daily cloud at 86.97.
- The pair is continuing downside along the 'Bullish Cypher' formation on the daily charts.
- Technical studies are bearish on intraday charts, Stochs and RSI have rolled over from overbought levels and biased lower.
- 20-DMA at 88.20 is strong support, while 5-DMA at 88.76 is immediate resistance ahead of trendline at 90.
Support levels - 88.13 (20-DMA), 87.66 (Sept 15 low), 86.93 (38.2% Fib retracement of 81.486 to 90.304 rally)
Resistance levels - 89.10 (5-DMA), 89.68 (Sept 25 high), 90 (trendline), 90.30 (Sept 21 high)
Call update: Our previous call (https://www.econotimes.com/FxWirePro-AUD-JPY-continues-downside-in-Bullish-Cypher-pattern-eyes-20-DMA-at-8796-good-to-short-rallies-914078) is approaching TP1.
Recommendation: Bias lower, hold for targets.
FxWirePro Currency Strength Index: FxWirePro's Hourly AUD Spot Index was at -106.078 (Bearish), while Hourly JPY Spot Index was at 56.1991 (Neutral) at 0540 GMT. For more details on FxWirePro's Currency Strength Index, visit http://www.fxwirepro.com/currencyindex.
FxWirePro launches Absolute Return Managed Program. For more details, visit http://www.fxwirepro.com/invest