- GBP/CAD breaks below 20-DMA support at 1.6487, intraday bias bearish.
- The pair is edging lower after failing to break past 200-DMA resistance.
- Technical studies have turned bearish, RSI and Stochs are biased lower, RSI has fallen below 50 levels.
- MACD is showing a bearish crossover on signal line and ADX is supporting trend lower.
- Price action has dipped into daily cloud and next bear target lies at 50-DMA at 1.6364.
- Violation at 50-DMA could see further downside. Bearish invalidation seen on close above 5-DMA at 1.6560.
Support levels - 1.6364 (50-DMA), 1.6313 (23.6% Fib retracement of 0.7853 to 1.5837 fall), 1.6237 (July 21 low)
Resistance levels - 1.6487 (20-DMA), 1.6560 (5-DMA), 1.6665 (200-DMA)
Recommendation: Good to go short on rallies around 1.6490, SL: 0.6560, TP: 1.64/ 1.6365/ 1.6315.
FxWirePro Currency Strength Index: FxWirePro's Hourly GBP Spot Index was at -50.2877 (Neutral), while Hourly CAD Spot Index was at 88.4906 (Bullish) at 1015 GMT. For more details on FxWirePro's Currency Strength Index, visit http://www.fxwirepro.com/currencyindex.
FxWirePro launches Absolute Return Managed Program. For more details, visit http://www.fxwirepro.com/invest