The following procedure is valid for Internet Explorer browser under Windows Vista.
The Save/Restore functionality is based on cookies - login is not required.
on the old PC:
1. open ChartStation on your old PC
2. go to "Help" menu and select "About"
3. copy the UserID displayed in the "About" window
on the new PC:
4. close all browsers
5. open Windows Explorer and configure it to show hidden files and folders: Windows Explorer --> Organize --> Folder and Search Options --> View tab --> check "Show hidden files and folders" --> uncheck "Hide protected operating system files" --> click OK button
6. in Windows Explorer open the folder C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\ where username is the one you are using for Windows login
7. open the file email@example.com using Wordpad. Search within it for the section looking this:
8. Replace the second line of the section (NJAOI1216970343757 in the example above) by the UserId copied at step 3 from your old PC.
9. save the file and close Wordpad
10. load ChartStation on your new PC: the workspaces saved on your old PC should appear.