Lots of economic data and events scheduled for today, and some with high volatility risks associated.
Data released so far:
- Australia: Wage price index up 0.5 percent q/q in Q1, up 2.3 percent from a year ago.
- China: Fixed asset investments up 6.1 percent y/y in April. Industrial production growth slowed to 5.4 percent y/y in April from 8.5 percent in March. Retail sales growth declined to 7.2 percent y/y in April from 8.7 percent in March.
- Germany: Q1 GDP reports due at 6:00 GMT.
- Japan: April machine tools orders report due at 6:00 GMT.
- France: April CPI inflation due at 6:45 GMT.
- Italy: Industrial sales and orders report to be released at 8:00 GMT.
- Eurozone: Q1 flash GDP report due at 9:00 GMT, along with employment change report.
- United States: MBA mortgage report due at 11:00 GMT, followed by retail sales report at 12:30 GMT, and April industrial production report at 13:15 GMT. NAHB housing market report will be published at 14:00 GMT. EIA will release its weekly natural gas inventory report at 14:30 GMT and U.S. Treasury will release treasury holdings report at 20:00 GMT.
- Canada: CPI inflation report to be released at 12:30 GMT.