Lots of economic data and events scheduled for today, and some with high volatility risks associated.
Data and events so far:
- Australia: Consumer inflation expectation marginally declines to 3.2 percent in July. Investment lending for homes fell 1.7 percent in May.
- Germany: HICP inflation report due at 6:00 GMT.
- France: HICP inflation report due at 6:45 GMT.
- United Kingdom: Financial stability report to be released at 9:30 GMT.
- United States: Weekly jobless claims report will be released at 12:30 GMT, along with June CPI inflation figures. Federal Reserve Chair Powell to testify before Congress for the 2nd day. EIA will release natural gas inventory report at 14:30 GMT. Several Fed speaker today - Williams at 15:00 GMT, Bostic at 16:15 GMT, Barkin at 16:30 GMT, and Kashkar at 21:00 GMT. Monthly budget report to be released at 18:00 GMT.
- Canada: New House price report to be released at 14:30 GMT.
- New Zealand: Business PMI report due at 22:30 GMT.
- Auction: The U.S. will auction 1-month bills at 15:30 GMT, and a 30-year bond at 17:00 GMT.